The population collapse of resident Gyps
vulture species in South Asia, caused by the use of a veterinary drug diclofenac, has highlighted an urgent need to monitor numbers of other vulture species in the region. This organization is being involved in monitoring of Himalayan Griffon and Bearded Vulture in Upper Mustang of Nepal.
· Monitoring of raptors in Upper Mustang in Nepal (2002-2005),
· Support for conducting Vulture photo exhibition
· Publication of journal paper in Bird Conservation International
Programs Being Continued
· Monitoring of vulture in sky burial site in Upper Mustang.
· Monitoring of Himalayan Griffon and Bearded Vulture in Upper Mustang (next monitoring will be conducted in July-August 2010).
· Publication of vulture conservation brochures
· Establish new site in Manang district for vulture monitoring
· Documentation of ethno-vulture information from the area
· Conduct vulture conservation programs in schools